Materials Used for Marbling
- Tub: It is made of galvanized iron, steel or aliminium with a size of 5x35x50 cm.
- Gum Tragacanth: It is the name of a herbal liquid called geven. It is used to adjust the density of water. In marbling also some other plants like see-cord, salep, linen seed are used for making gum tragacanth.
- Bile: It provides the paint to disperse over water without precipitating.
- Colors: The colors used in marbling are obtained from different materials such as soil, lahor indigo etc.
- Brush: It is hand made from horse hair tied on rose branch.
- Paper: The paper has to be good absorbent and have a matt side with a size 5x35x50 cm.
- Desteseng: It is used to prepare color.